COMPANY: Techtop Canada Inc.
LOCATION: Oakville, ON
JOB TYPE: Full-time
SALARY: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
BENEFITS: All employees are eligible for; medical benefits, dental benefits, life insurance benefits, group insurance benefits and vision care benefits.
About Techtop Canada Inc.
Techtop Canada is a leading wholesale distributor of electric motors, mechanical power transmission equipment and AC drives based out of Oakville, Ontario. We have 5 locations across Canada and are currently hiring a Technical Support Engineer for our head office location in Oakville, Ontario.
Technical Support Engineer is the primary technical resource and application specialist for the company sales force and customer base. The Technical Support Engineer will provide reliable information and solutions for all technical issues for the pre and post sale of products while ensuring complete customer satisfaction throughout all stages of the sales process. This position’s specific duties include pre and post sale product technical support, management of company technical data & projects, assisting customers and sales team in selecting the correct product for the application and developing/providing product training.
- Maintain expert level of product knowledge and market knowledge on low voltage NEMA/IEC induction motors & variable frequency drives.
- Provide customer technical support and application support.
- Manage specialized quotations, large project bids and after sales support.
- Make necessary engineering calculations to support product selection/recommendation.
- Participate in technical product training for sales team and customers.
- Act as a resource in both decision making and troubleshooting to the inside/outside sales team.
- Responsible for factory level reporting on product quality control; work directly with factory engineers & technical product managers.
- Evaluate/approve product warranty claims and credits. Communicate any issues requiring further action directly with the factory.
- Maintain professional business relationships within the inside/outside sales team.
- Identify customer's needs and sales opportunities to help future growth.
- Provide feedback to product management team and assist in product development.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in engineering, engineering technologist or similar.
- 3-5 Years’ relevant industry experience in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or technical field experience.
- Must have a strong knowledge of industrial low voltage electrical motors and variable frequency drive with an emphasis and understanding of their applications.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be professional, detail oriented, organized, self motivated and able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Software
- Bilingual (French & English) is an asset
All interested applicants, please forward your resume to email@example.com.